Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal Shield Pro (fixed?) -> Search Engine Re-directs

Emeritus-Security Expert

Looking good, how are things running, any redirects or unwanted pop up windows ?
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Everything seems to be running well. The only thing I can't figure out is why Windows won't acknowledge that automatic updates are turned on. I have it set to notify me of new updates but not d/l or install them, yet I have the red shield in my taskbar, telling me that updates are off, my computer is at risk, etc.

This may be unrelated to malware/viruses and beyond the scope of what you do here, not sure.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Lets see if there is anything else lurking. It looks like your security center is set correctly , when where done I will link you to a windows forum to help you straighten that out.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.
    • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    • Under Main choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.
    Your system may start up slower after running ATF Cleaner, this is expected but will be back to normal after the first or second boot up
    Please note: If you use online banking or are registered online with any other organizations, ensure you have memorized password and other personal information as removing cookies will temporarily disable the auto-login facility.

Please download Malwarebytes from Here or Here

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected .
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
    • Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
    Post the report please

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Emeritus-Security Expert

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue