Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspected Google redirect thing.

OK, I think I have done everything you asked. I cleared the old system restore points and then re-enabled after a reboot. Uninstalled ComboFix using the copy pasted script in run. Updated both Internet Explorer and Windows, and set the internet options for explorer as directed. Used Secunia to find a few obsolete programs and got rid of them (although it seems confused into thinking there is a Firefox version 3.x on the system due to the ERDNT cache, so even though I updated to 5.x it still lists it).

The system is still running nice and smoothly, no Google redirects or anything. I will attempt to remain vigilant with the updates so that it stays that way. I thank you again for all that you have done, and hope you have a great day too! (and week, and month and year hopefully)

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

You're welcome

although it seems confused into thinking there is a Firefox version 3.x on the system due to the ERDNT cache, so even though I updated to 5.x it still lists it
    Does PSI show you more details about that finding?
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Actually, now it seems to no longer display it as an issue so never mind

I believe before the details just said there was an upgrade available (an earlier version than the one I had curiously), and showed the program location which was not in the firefox folder, but instead in the "C:\Windows\ERDNT\cache64" folder, which is why I assumed it was because of the backups or something.

Ok. Any other issues left or shall we see the case as resolved?
    UNITE member since 2006

No other issues, the case can most definitely be called resolved. So I guess it is good bye, and thank you for all your patience and generosity. Good luck with your next case

Smile

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or other MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    UNITE member since 2006