Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google's Chrome

Angry Google's Chrome

We are very much in need of full immunization for the Chrome browser! How can Spybot be so amazingly lax at this? This very popular browser has been out now for years! What on earth is the matter, that Spybot has full immunization for Browsers no one uses any more, like Internet Explorer, but Nothing for Chrome! Please please fix this glaring error, ASAP!

Hello,

As soon as Chrome was available, we started digging into it and have added support for scanning and cleaning Chrome cookies, bookmarks and history (thanks to the similarity to Firefox, that was actually no big deal).

Please have a look at this link in our forum.
    In our newest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 the chrome browser is being supported in scanning and fixing at the moment.
    It is one of the newest browsers and chrome itself does not offer any interface for immunizing yet. But there will be a plugin for live-blocking in Spybot 2.0.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default chrome and spybot 2.0

Just downloaded new spybot (Oct 2, 2011) but chrome extensions download froze up, and noticed in chrome downloads history, there is no record of recent spybot download. When downloading spybot was using msft exporer. Does this mean spybot is not giving protection while using chrome? Do i need to fix this?
    Should i try to re-download spybot using chrome instead of explorer? Tnx

Default A year gone-still no fix!

The most recent post on this issue is a year old. I am running v2.0(beta) and still there is nothing for Chrome. It keeps immunizing a browser I never use and there is nothing in the settings for Chrome. It recognizes that Chrome is the default browser, but not for scanning. All the settings are for MSIE, which I use only for 'emergencies' (ancient technology websites that STILL do not work in Chrome).

Chrome is now the #1 browser in the world. Shouldn't SBSD be caught up by now?

Default Newrbie needs to know

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum.But I'm not a newbie to Spybot. A techi put it in several years ago. , I didn't know this forum existed until Some ghost put it on my screen during a scan a few minutes ago. Thx ghost. This is much Better than crashing my cpu LOL!
    So the techi left me & I'm just an inventor. Definitely not a tech so pls excuse my silly questions & pls answer on a kindergarten level.
    1. Does Spybot in some way, clash with the other programs so that if I'm using Spybot, I should not have the other ones such as Norton or McKaffee on my cpu? Someone told me this. Is it true?
    2. If I have Spy Bot, do I need nothing else?
    3. That brings me to the subject of this thread. Chrome is my default browser. Maybe I should have started with this question. If Spybot isn't immunizing Chrome, what program should I be using in conjunction with SB? Or shouldn't I be using SB?
    I should say just after the techi divorce , while with shaky fingers I was handling techi things solo, I had the biggest baddest
    virus of all time! I almost couldn't start SB. After several tries it started & Kicked that virus, into the next world never to return.
    So I really Love Love LoveSpy Bot! I'm really glad I found this forum. Sorry for all the smilies but I couldn't resist. I used to think they were silly but You've got the cutest ones at this forum. Thx in advance for your answers. InventingJoy

& Hello,

1. There should not be any problems with the compatibility.
    If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.
    That's the way to to disable the resident feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy: run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the check boxes in front of the two tools.

2. Spybot - Search & Destroy is not designed to find/remove viruses or worms.
    It is designed for spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers, dialers, keyloggers and rootkits.
    If you have no antivirus protection yet you should look for some.
    Many people are asking for recommendations which antivirus software they should use:
    Our recommendations

3. I can't tell you which software you should use for Chrome security.
    But you can just use another browser, so everything is being protected.

P.S. I also love the smileys here very much *g*.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Google Chrome?

Are you guys simply "Not" going to include Google Chrome, to be able to scan?

Also, Windows 7 64bit; Root Kit Scan, in the Deep Scan results, get the error

Details: Invisible to win32

It's been running for Two (2) straight now, and still running!

C:\users\"pcname"\Local Settings\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\ and so on and so on...

Details: Invisible to win32

Unhappy Me too

I'm also very interested in an answer tothis question.thx InventingJoy

Default Google's Chrome

Google's Chrome is the fine browser it provide various facility in one manner. Various tool are includes to reduce the work.

Hello,

Currently Chrome is not being supported yet.
    But we will add it in a later version of Spybot 2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot