Thread: TeaTimer pop-up during shutdown

Default TeaTimer pop-up during shutdown

Hello everyone.
    I am having the following problem. During shut-down, I am getting a message from Tea Timer, that a “Browser menu extension” value in registry is deleted, namely “Add to Kaspersky Anti-Banner”. At the moment, I have enabled Kaspersky's Anti-Banner with default settings and there is only a button “Web Anti-Virus” in IE6. I cannot do anything with this message, neither block nor allow, as it is during shut-down. Moreover, there seems to be no such entry in Resident. As far as Spybot is concerned, could you give me an explanation and probably a solution? Any help would be much appreciated!
    I am using Spybot v1.4 under WindowsXP Home SP2.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

feidias_p:

It appears that Kaspersky Internet Security may be deleting its "Add to Kaspersky Anti-Banner" context menu item when shutting down. Although TeaTimer recognizes the registry change before it shuts down there is no enough time for you to answer the dialog message before it is terminated. The reason that you are not seeing anything in the TeaTimer's Resident.log is because no action was taken and therefore no event is recorded before TeaTimer shuts down.

I don't have Kaspersky Internet Security so I can't test the above contention. But you could by shutting down Kaspersky Internet Security before shutting down the system.

I also do not know the function of the "Add to Kaspersky Anti-Banner" context menu item. It most likely has nothing to do with "Web Anti-Virus" button that you mentioned. More than likely if are displaying a Web page that contains a banner advertisement and right click on that banner you will see a context menu item "Add to Kaspersky Anti-Banner". If Kaspersky Internet Security has a help facility, that should tell you.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the reply md usa spybot fan! It seems that you are right in everything.
    Unfortunately Kaspersky’s support is inadequate and I could also not get help in their forum. After your advice I noticed that if e.g. I right click on “Spybot” logo in this page I am getting an “Add to Kaspersky Anti-Banner” option, which pressumably serves the purpose you guessed.
    What I did -as you pointed out- was to exit Kaspersky before shutdown. I received the same pop up from TeaTimer, but I could only select “Allow”. I did select it, the Resident entry was logged and from that point I am getting the “reminder” from TeaTimer at the low-right corner on every shut-down. I guess that if I cannot further configure Kaspersky, there’s not much to do.
    Thanks for the info once again!