Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scan.msi ???

Default scan.msi ???

I was trying to do the online scan from etrust and it said it could not find scan.msi
    I went online to try and find out any info on this file, only to find a few posts saying basicly the same thing with no solutions.
    Any suggestions?

I got an error when trying to run the online scan from etrust also,though it wasn't scan.msi that it said it couldn't find.But that could just be a coincidence.
    Did you try any of the other online scans,maybe you'll have better luck?

Default Other scans

Sorry about putting my message in the wrong forum.

Etrust went ahead and scaned and so did Bit Defender. I'm going to try the other two scans tonight.

Do you have any idea what scan.msi is? Also, when I try running MS online scan it reports an about:blank error, any clues?

No,I couldn't find anything definate on scan.msi,except that it might perhaps be related to some HP printers,but that's not for sure.

Not sure about the MS online scan.

Default scan.msi

The micro trends scan would not work at all, it keep looking for c:/temp/HP_WebRelease/setup/scan/scan.msi

I spent almost an hour at HP.com thinking that if I updated the drivers I might find the file, HP checked and said I didn't need any updates that I had them all up to date. I am at a lost as to what to do about the file.

Why would an online scan be looking for printer scan program?

I'm not sure why it would look for that.I saw in a couple places,to get scan.msi from a hp cd,though that was for somewhat other type problems.

What was the error message you got from the online scan about about:blank?

Are you working through this post... http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...50&postcount=2
    so that you can post a log in the malware removal forum?

Default about:black

I am trying to run the Windows Live Safety Center Full Service Scan and this script error keeps occuring

line 2
    Char 1
    Error Invalid Character
    code 0
    url about:blank

I thought of just getting a program to take care of the about:blank but was unsure of which one to get.

The computer was resently taken over spyware, viruses, adware, you name it. I have it just about clean I believe, but was doing as suggested in the forum file you mention, just to check to see if I had got it all. I spent days using SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware SE, and Ewido. I would just rather be safe than sorry from now on.

Also, which forum should I use for asking suggestions about tweaking the system, shuting down un-needed services, turning off anything that does not need to be running?

There is a Windows Live Safety Center forum:
    http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/...spx?ForumID=13
    This is all I found on the script error you are getting:
    http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/...ostID%3D327504
    There,and a few other places it seemed like people were getting that script error when using Windows Live Safety Center if they have Internet Explorer 7,but I could not find much about it.

If you felt you still had a malware problem,and need help with it,you could follow through on the post you're going through,and post a log in malware removal.

Also, which forum should I use for asking suggestions about tweaking the system, shuting down un-needed services, turning off anything that does not need to be running?
    The Spybot forum doesn't really have a section in it like that,for tweaking the system,etc.It has sections for Spybot,runalyzer,etc,and then malware removal,which I believe just mainly deals with removing malware.(I will ask someone what their policy on that is,I do not know.)
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-08-06 at 12:05.

Default Thanks

Zenobia, thank you so much for all the help I will check out what you found, and give ya an update latter, thanks again

Default MS Forum

Seems this may be a low priority for MS, people have been asking about this problem for over 2 months now with no response from MS. It is MS, I don't guess I should be surprized.