Thread: Babylon.Toolbar ADWARE

Default Babylon.Toolbar ADWARE

Hello everybody,

I recently acquired babylon toolbar someway or another and was able to get rid of it from my browsers. However when running Spybot S&D The only thing it picked up was "Babylon.Toolbar Adware C."

After finding that I went through all my files and manually deleted each babylon file I could find. I also went into regedit and searched babylon to take them all out as well. My only issue is that Spybot S&D cant delete the "Babylon.Toolbar AdwareC" because it says, "Not all actions can be performed because process is still in memory, A restart may fix this".

I restarted and everything, ran Spybot 5+ times and same thing everytime. My question is where is this thing in my memory so I can take it out and Spybot can remove it all for me. Thank you for the help!

Hello,

1. Which Windows version do you run?

2. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.
    To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
    There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
    It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2011/08/10.

3. Please run a scan in safe mode.
    That should fix it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot