Thread: export settings for "Ignore Products"

Question export settings for "Ignore Products"

Spybot has been turning on my Windows Firewall lately, which causes quite a few problems for me. I use Integrity Desktop (ZoneLabs product) for my firewall as it provides more protection than the Windows Firewall. As such, I keep WF disabled, and it's supposed to be kept disabled by Group Policy.

After looking around, I found out that in Ignore Products, Security.sbi, .Firewall Disabled is the culprit for enabling the firewall (and thus messing up being able to manage computers on the network). If I check the box to ignore the firewall being disabled, that works great.

My problem is that I want to be able to export this setting and apply it to various other computers. Possibly even be able to export it automatically through Group Policy, but I'll figure that one out. Currently, I can't even figure out where on the file system spybot is storing these settings. Nothing inside the spybot folder changes it's modified date when I update the settings.

Please Help!

Thanks!
    Mark

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

See the following thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks

Well, that's not the answer that I WANTED to see, but it's the answer I needed. As a solution to this, would there be a way to set up spybot to pull definitions from a server? possibly redirect spybot to look to a server for those files instead of the All-Users/spybot directory, just keep once central copy of those.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Spybot has a product called Spybot S&D Intranet Server. Spybot S&D Intranet Server allows the centralized distribution of updates. I am not sure if that facility allows the centralized exclusions of particular signatures or not but it certainly could allow the review of new signatures before they could cause problems for a large organization due to false positives, etc.

It may be worth looking into.

Information on the Spybot S&D Intranet Server is documented here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.