Thread: No disk in drive message

Default No disk in drive message

I just installed 2.0.5 and kept getting these errors; I have no idea whether it installed correctly or not. It did immunize ok, but that's all I'm sure of.

In the past,this problem was caused by having a device with removable media configured as drive letter C.
    Please see here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330137

Do you have a dvd,zip,etc,drive configured as drive letter C:\?
    Which version of Windows do you have?

I have a link to the error jpg

http://www.cx.com/dl/?sn=1f2bcd09d1de

I am running win 7 sp 1; my C drive is my C drive, I have an I and a J with attached disks, and D is my DVD/cd drive.
    Last edited by SweetAndy; 2011-08-09 at 05:16. Reason: Add info

When people got the "No disk in drive" error in the past with other versions of Spybot,I believe it mainly happened when people were doing a Spybot scan.Looks like your "No disk in Drive" message is popping up from the sdtray.exe,so I assume it's a different issue.

Have you been getting the "No disk in drive" error after installation,or did it only happen during the installation?
    When installing,did you install Spybot to your C drive?

Default NO Disc

SDWelcome, SDTray, SDImmunize all tell me there is no disc in a drive I do not have. On the 6th "try again" it goes to the next step, but is it working?

This makes this release a non-starter for me.

This is an alpha release. ;o)

I'm getting the same problem. It seems to be fixed when you remove any removable drives such as mp3 players / USB sticks.

Exclamation Problems with Beta, no disk etc.

Just installed Beta 2.0.5 on windows 7 and windows XP machine - get no disk in drive message on both. Gave up on 7 machine, removed all drives on XP - still same message. If you hit continue enough times (6 from memory) it disappears and product continues.

Only reason for installing beta was to get chrome protection - can I get that without the Beta?

Now running full scan and it tells me it is going to take an hour (come down from 9 hours!) - we'll see what happens.

Where's the update button? I can see one in advanced mode, but can't see an option to update definitions etc. in simple mode - probably being blind?

Hello,

This problem should be fixed in our next Beta.
    We hope to release it soon.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot