Thread: Spybot S&D updating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spybot S&D updating

On the new main screen it says "No update attempt registered" even after several scheduled updates. When you check the scheduling, you can see a date for the last update that may or may not have happened. A manual update just freezes. There are never any new immunizations. Has the new Spybot S&D ever updated successfully for anybody?

It seems to update for some, but I'm still having problems.

Please send a bug report http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/bugs.html so that the developers see that this is a serious problem.

Default Donald Thomson

My problems got worse and I had to run WinSockFix to access any website. Now I have to check what I've messed up while trying various alterations that seemed good ideas at the time. I suppose it'll be next Thursday, 18th August, before there will be updates and I can find out if there really was a problem with Spybot S&D. I have no idea how my registry was corrupted.I did uninstall the old version of Spybot S&D but I also uninstalled several old programs I never use.

Default Donald Thomson

But why are all the essential updates marked n/a for the Beta?

Default Donald Thomson

Everything seems correct when updating now except that the number of immunizations does not increase and all of the essential updates are marked as n/a for the beta.

Exclamation

Just use the manual updater.