Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot S&D updating

Default Spybot S&D updating

On the new main screen it says "No update attempt registered" even after several scheduled updates. When you check the scheduling, you can see a date for the last update that may or may not have happened. A manual update just freezes. There are never any new immunizations. Has the new Spybot S&D ever updated successfully for anybody?

It seems to update for some, but I'm still having problems.

Please send a bug report http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/bugs.html so that the developers see that this is a serious problem.

Default Donald Thomson

My problems got worse and I had to run WinSockFix to access any website. Now I have to check what I've messed up while trying various alterations that seemed good ideas at the time. I suppose it'll be next Thursday, 18th August, before there will be updates and I can find out if there really was a problem with Spybot S&D. I have no idea how my registry was corrupted.I did uninstall the old version of Spybot S&D but I also uninstalled several old programs I never use.

Default Donald Thomson

But why are all the essential updates marked n/a for the Beta?

Default Donald Thomson

Everything seems correct when updating now except that the number of immunizations does not increase and all of the essential updates are marked as n/a for the beta.

Exclamation

Just use the manual updater.

Default The manual updater

Still no increase in immunizations with the automatic or manual updater. I am still not convinced that the updater works at all.

Unhappy The manual updater works on 2.03, but not automatic as far as I can tell

Don T, If you look at all the dates, you can see a couple of new updates each week 8/10, 8/17, 8/24. Do not remember checking immunizations data though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Thomson View Post
    Still no increase in immunizations with the automatic or manual updater. I am still not convinced that the updater works at all.
    Automatic does not seem to work as the only time I saw the new dates was after a manual! Which OS & version of S&D 2.0.# beta are you running?
    Would you please explain more (or PM me) about the problems & WinSockFix? See my post about Logon Failure after I installed 2.0.5 beta
    Looking for freeware (M$ OS) that really works to take care of current virus, and malware etc.

Default Updating? the beta

Uninstalled the beta, reinstalled and immunized. Patterns dropped from 182,170 to 173,335 and Firefox immunizations from 193, 3*15042 to 193, 3*14961. Automatic update followed by manual update and immunization. No change to pattern number but Firefox immunizations returned to 193, 3*15042, which they have been for weeks.

The packages (except PosOS.sbs) match on Installed and Online date, whatever that means since the dates aren't recent. None match the Released date.

PosOS.sbs has an installed date of 7/28/11 and online date of 1/21/2009.

When I did the first few manual updates today, some packages were flagged red. When I got into the manual update again, the red flagging had disappeared and did not return when a manual update was tried again.

I don't know what all this means but it doesn't look good.

My corrupted registry earlier probably had nothing to do with Spybot S&D. Of course, I ran a thorough scan and a boot scan with Avast but found nothing. Same with Spybot S&D.

Default Updating? the beta

I should have said at the beginning that I was using XP. I put in a bug report and they said it's a Beta and you aren't supposed to use it as if it was a proper release. Told me to go back to 1.6.2.

I've always regarded Beta releases as normal use releases that will have bugs that brave or foolish users should report. A change of terminology? Anyway I'm going back to 1.6.2.