Thread: Spybot S&D 2.0 Beta 3 Excessive Processor Use

Smile Spybot S&D 2.0 Beta 3 Excessive Processor Use

Hi! All,

Been a while since I was able to file a report. This is due to the fact that SDFSSvc.exe continously runs the processor at 85% to 100% making the system unstable or unusable for long periods of time. This process can run all day at this excessive usage rate. This brings the processor temp up 152 degrees Fahrenheit. And I've got a very good CPU cooler on the processor too.

System Information: Windows XP SP3 (all updates installed), 2.5GB RAM, P4 Prescott 3.0GHz HT.

Tech83

Post Spybot S&D 2.0 Beta 3 Excessive Processor Use Update

Hi! All,

I've got an addition to this issue. I've noticed an EAccess Violation accompanying the previously mentioned issue. I'm unable to get a error number as of yet but I'm working on it.

Hi all,

During the Rootkit Scan, the CPU load arrives at 89%. The CPU average during this process is about 66%.

Is tooooo much (in my opinion)!

See the picture

Attachment 8424

thanks

I see approximately 20% CPU usage while running Root Kit Deep Scan.

It's different from computer to computer, and sometimes it is a memory leak, while sometimes it's not.

Hi! All,

I have checked for memory leaks & on my system I have not detected any; just excessive processor usage. I have noted that the issue gets really bad anytime any supported browser is used on the occasions the identified process is not using the processor excessively just after the system is booted up.

Tech83

hi arctucas probably you are using multicore cpu that is why you are getting 20 percentage of cpu usage.