Thread: Help needed!!! CoolWWWSearch....

Unhappy Help needed!!! CoolWWWSearch....

Hej everyone,

I have the following problem:

For two weeks now I cannot access one special website. From my computer I cannot access: www.sipri.org (it is not a spyware related page). It works on other pcs.
    I tried 3 different browsers, Opera, Netscape and Firefo/Mozilla. No difference, it does not work.

I am afraid it could have something to do with the Spybot-SD Resident.. I installed it a few weeks ago but couldn't read the pop-up window properly (I saw that this has been already widely discussed here, and I just got the bugfix, Thanks!!!). I am not sure if I clicked on the right button.

I fear that CoolWWWSearch has changed registry entries, but i am not sure. Spybot S&D does not find anything (but I can see that it scans CoolWWWSearch-Files). And due to the Spybot-SD Resident there are poping up quite many windows "change of registry has been denied" (or something similiar, I have the german version). Is there a possibility to hide the windows?

Would be great if someone knows about any connection between:

Loosing access to a website - CoolWWWSearch - Spybot S&D/ Spybot-SD Resident

Every piece of help will be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Solution

I had the same problem. There is a small app called CWShredder that fixes it. In fact, that's all it does: shred CoolWebSearch or CoolWWWSearch.
    It's free. Here's the link to Trend Micro that makes the app. The download's right there. Heres a link to OptimizeXP, the site where I learned of CWShredder, and parenthetically, most everything else that I know about tweaking my system - a five star site to be sure. Scroll down to the section on SPYWARE CLEANING, and CWShredder is the second entry. There's a direct download link there as well.

Hope this helps. That thing drove me nuts.

-Mark