Thread: trend again

Default trend again

to install my new trend i have to remove Spybot (which i re install after anyway) my problem is i cant uninstall 1.5.2.20 because it comes up "missing file C:\WINDOWS\unins000.dat" can somebody help me PLEASE

Hello,

Normally there should be no conflict between Spybot - Search & Destroy and TrendMicro and you should be able to use both programs together. The problem is that TrendMicro seems to destroy the normal uninstall function of Spybot and hence it can produce several errors if you want to remove Spybot on your own. That's the fault of TrendMicro and you should complain to them about it.

So if the usual uninstall does not work I would suggest to make a fresh install of Spybot, so that you have the legitimate uninstall file.
    Download from this link.
    Then try again to remove it via the add/remove panel in windows or by using the uninstall file in the Spybot folder.

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link.

If this does not help please remove the folder by hand:
    C:\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy

Also remove the following directories, which you will have to remove by hand:

* Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows Vista: C:\Program Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.
    We are not happy with the new marketing strategy that software like
    TrendMicro use to kick competitors out of the business.
    Please do also have a look at this link on our homepage.

We recommend a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

You will find links to several download locations on our website.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot