Thread: Recent Updates not "sticking"

Default Recent Updates not "sticking"

Hello All,
    For the past few weeks the updates fail to install correctly in the Firefox (I'm running 5.0) section of the Immunize function!
    I "re-Immunize" and return later and ALL of the fields show that they are not Immunized at all using the latest updates!
    Further, I'm getting "Error during check"/"Failed to get data for" messages out the wazoo!!
    I am a Contributor, have been a truly appreciative fan since Spybot's introduction and am wondering if I missed and update. I'm runnignWindows7 Pro and Spybot 1.6.2.46
    Any ideas???
    Many thanks in advance....
    God Bless...Mark C. Hein Cleveland Hts, OH USA

Thumbs down

See Immunization Settings for Firefox Lost Every Time Browser Opened. Although it mentions earlier versions, it still applies. Site Preferences must be unchecked in Firefox.

Hi Gopher,
    Well, I have followed your suggestion about not letting Firefox handle the deletion processes built into Firefox, and yes Spybot's Immunize is now, once again, staying Immunized as regards Firefox.
    HOWEVER, when I run a Spybot "Check for Problems" function I am still getting errors (which I never did before very recently).
    Please see the screen-capture example attached.
    Many thanks...

Thumbs down

See Error during check - failed to get data for. It sounds like a damaged advcheck.dll.

Error during check.

Hello Again,
    Well, I've put Firefox's Options/Privacy back to the default "anything goes/save everything" default, then totally removed all traces of SpyBot, Rebooted,did a fresh install 5 different times (after D\L'ing a new "fresh" copy of the latest version) and then DL'd\updated. And am still getting a sizeable "Failed to get data for " list.
    Is there something in the Win7 updates which might be screwing up SpyBot??
    Again, many thanks...