Thread: Blocking Live platinum Security

Default Blocking Live platinum Security

Recently I got Malware called Live platinum Security. I found instructions on removing it and it is gone. I then downloaded Spybot search & destroy, ran immunize, ran all Windows updates and updated to Windows explorer 9.

My question is; Since I ran immunize will that prevent Live Platinum Security from getting on my computer again? Is there a list that shows everything that immunize blocks?

I tried following the instructions for removing Live platinum security. Even while in safe mode, I try to uninstall it, and nothing happens. It won't let me uninstall. And it won't let me get onto the internet either. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by tbudde View Post
    I tried following the instructions for removing Live platinum security. Even while in safe mode, I try to uninstall it, and nothing happens. It won't let me uninstall. And it won't let me get onto the internet either. Any suggestions?
    Here is what I did to remove it:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/live-security-platinum-virus/
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-07-28 at 00:16. Reason: Disabled live click, proceed at own risk. ;-)

Hi there,

Live Security Platinum is a fake anti-malware application.

For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs used in a preliminary analysis.
    "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016