Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google search redirected

Yes - but I've been out for a few days again.
    I was just going through your last message right now.
    So far I've got rid of the old Java installation and checked the IE setting:
    - everything was as suggested except the Sub-fammes bit that I didn't find at all
    - protected mode is just Vista I suppose

Have uninstalled combofix

I also noticed I've got various version of .NET and was thinking to remove versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 to leave just 4

Emeritus

Hi dusty bin,

Those .NET files you are looking at should be left alone. The new versions of those are built on top of the older versions and require the older versions to be there to function correctly. Sounds like everything else is running well now?

Yes - as far as I can see, everything is fine now.

Thanks for your help sorting this out.

Emeritus

You are quite welcome.

Visiting Fellow

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

Note: If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read :
    Your donation helps improving Spybot-S&D!