Thread: Update problem

Default Update problem

Hi i'm running the latest version of spybot 1.6.2 and this problem has happened to me a few times in the past and i have no idea how i managed to fix it. I tried searching the forum and nothing came up that was related to it so here goes:

Everything with spybot is fine until i'll go to update it like usual and it keeps saying there are no new updates which shouldn't happen for me since i leave a few optional updates ready to download ( i can't remember what they're called but they're superflous updates) so that the window always pops up showing the updates ready to download.

I've tried system restore and uninstall and reinstalling spybot and the same "no new updates" message keeps popping up

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this bug?

Apparently it fixed itself because i kept clicking the "Update" button out of frustration and them bam the window for a list of mirrors popped up again and lo and behold a list of updates appeared.

But any advice on how to stop this or why it happened or anyone else this happened to would help because i have no idea why it decided to do it in the first place

Retired

Hello,
    this may happens when we are just publishing new update files to our servers like today. Often it helps to try a few ours later

Best regards,
    Markus

Retired

What a timing, they are just online