Thread: Hacked and gagged by haters

Default Hacked and gagged by haters

I've been severely hacked. One aspect (of many) is that my S&D updates come down with bad checksums. This doesn't apply to most updates, but to English Help and to the most important updates: the Advanced Detection Library and the Detection Support Library.

Everything else seems to download fine. For what it's worth.

I can't go into the countless ways this hack has affected me - it would take pages to do so.

I'd sure welcome some knowledgeable help. The hackers have to put something on my system, even if they personally apply their efforts. My cursor sometimes has a mind of its own - I think somebody is "using" it somehow. Someone tried to open a Word doc on my desktop about e-mail addresses and passwords. It was password protected, but also, I hadn't reinstalled Word since formating after the LAST hack. They failed, of course, but I got an apologetic popup from Windows about it. This is the fourth time they've done this, but this time it's with a vengeance.

Formatting has only been slightly helpful. Some things stay in the registry even through a format. Also, the "bot" or whatever it is, may be attached to one of my programs and I don't suspect it. So when I reinstall THEM, I'm also reinstalling IT. NOTHING has found any of their "deposits" yet, not S&D, or Avast! or AVG Free, or AdAware Pro. Of course, updates are somewhat obstructed for them, too. I can't do online scans, because one aspect of the hack is that my Internet connection gets turned off several times (1-10) per hour, and my DSL modem gets itself lost or disconnected several times a MINUTE. Being online is a constant fight to get ANYWHERE. Downloads arrive corrupted and pages time out often. Somehow, all pages with comment fields managed by disqus have become image overlays - I can't write in them. So I've been very successfully gagged on all sites with such comment fields. In NYTimes, comment pages simply don't load, though all the other kinds do.

And more - a lot more. About 2 months ago, something kicked out ALL of my IRQ, DMA and memory numbers. I had to get a pro to flash the motherboard.

These people are profoundly malevolent, far more sophisticated than I am, and they mean business. Not to steal from me, but to gag me online and cause me as much harm as possible. Their motive is hate. I have an idea about who, but not down to the individual level, or even the location of the source.

Can someone help me learn how I can track down this garbage, even if I can't track down the maggots doing it to me?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...773#post387773
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-09-10 at 23:34. Reason: Moved from small tools. Added link to previous topic

Emeritus-Security Expert

Please read Before You Post
    While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen. It is advisable that you back up your important data before starting any clean up procedure. Neither Safer Networking Forums nor the Analyst providing the advice may be held responsible for any loss.

Until we deem your system clean I am going to ask you not to install or uninstall any software or hardware except for the programs we may run.

Download DDS from one of the links below to your desktop

Link 1
    Link 2

• Double click the tool to run it.
    • A black Screen will open, just read the contents and do nothing.
    • When the tool finishes, it will open 2 reports, DDS.txt and attach.txt
    • Copy/Paste the contents of 'DDS.txt' into your post.
    • 'attach.txt' should be zipped using Windows native zip utility and attached to your post. Compress and uncompress files (zip files)

Information on A/V control Here
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Default Nice try, thanks, but...

I read your FAQ. I'm one of those who do such things.

It said a legacy system can't be helped by your people. I'm too poor to buy a newer version of Windows. I still have W98SE. I tried to get Ubuntu, but so far have failed to get it up and running.

Downloads arrive corrupted. Probably yours would, too.

So I guess either way, I'm SOL. The FAQ recommends that I use my PC only for games and word processing. It is my ONLY window on the world. I don't even have a TV. I'm old, very disabled and squeak by in Mexico on my SS benefits alone. I had to choose, and I chose the Internet over cable TV.

Without the Internet, I'd be cut off from people, the world and everything else. I can't just "decide" to stop using my PC online. I know that's hard for people who are healthy and young to grasp, but that's how it IS.

Thanks, though, very much, for being willing to try to help me. This hack has me feeling besieged. Your generosity alone has given me heart.

Emeritus-Security Expert

See if this will work, try either version

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.