Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Spybot 2' firewall conflict with pc tools firewall plus ??

Default Does Spybot 2' firewall conflict with pc tools firewall plus ??

Hi guys, I installed the latest beta version yesterday and notice that it includes a firewall...

Does Spybot 2' firewall conflict with the pc tools firewall plus ??

and if so which one is better?

I have been using FP, Avira & Spybot1 for some time, but for the last few days (hence downloading the new beta version) somehow every now an then I get 30+ browsers opening, every time i type on a page it resets, and sometimes if i type my name to sign in, it will only reset on typing a key that is not a letter (colon, underscore etc). And It continues to open failed to load pages when I disconnnect from the internet.

I have been using the block all function in firewall plus is the only way to stop it, sometimes it doesn't happen again other times straight away, other times within 5 mins or so... I have scanned with everything i have, ive been checking through processes in task manager.. but I'm not 100% what it could be in there as the only process that goes up is the internet explorer process, but I use firefox, so not sure why that one increases...

Anyway any help would be fantastic if possible, thanks

edcase

Spybot's firewall isn't a "normal" firewall, like the one you mention (or Windows Firewall, etc). However, I'd stick to one firewall.

I was just wondering,when the 30+ browser pages are opening,is it showing unwanted content?
    Are the browser pages opening in Firefox,or Internet Explorer,or both?

may be your browser has been hijacked download malware byte antimalware scan your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I was just wondering,when the 30+ browser pages are opening,is it showing unwanted content?
    Are the browser pages opening in Firefox,or Internet Explorer,or both?
    Hi Zenobia, thanks for the reply, I use start page with firefox and it only opens a new browsing window, on typing it sometimes resets the page back to my start page (default home page)

thanks imageek and jagdish will do

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    Spybot's firewall isn't a "normal" firewall, like the one you mention (or Windows Firewall, etc). However, I'd stick to one firewall.
    Hi, I can't find where to turn off the firewall within spybot, any ideas ??

If the spybot one isn't a normal firewall, then would it even conflict with either windows, or firewall plus ?? Im not sure I see the point in spybots one and what it is supposed to do....

thanks

It is supposed to prevent you from entering dangerous sites on the net.

Right click system tray-icon. Hit "Manage Services". Then, hit "integration", then uninstall all the browser integrations.

cheers... i done that but on hovering the mouse over the tray icon it says firewall is 'partial' instead of 'working'. So it must still be doing something....

Hi Zenobia, thanks for the reply, I use start page with firefox and it only opens a new browsing window, on typing it sometimes resets the page back to my start page (default home page)
    Okie-doke.I'm not sure if these two pages will be helpful,then,but you could have a look:
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...20or%20windows

http://www.ehow.com/how_5896363_fix-...pening-up.html