Thread: Set scheduled run as Administrator?

Question Set scheduled run as Administrator?

I have SS&D set to run on a weekly schedule in the middle of the night because it takes soooo long and completely locks up the computer while running. The problem is that in the morning I have the error message that it couldn't fix problems because it needs Administrator so it has to be run again.

Is there a way to set Spybot to run as Administrator on scheduled scans? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it.

Thank you in advance.

p.s. I have done all the updates of Spybot, Windows 7, FF, etc.

See if this works.
    Click the Start button,and type task scheduler in the search bar.Rightclick Task scheduler and Select Run As Administrator.
    Click Task Scheduler Library,then locate the Spybot scheduled scan.Rightclick the scheduled Spybot scan and select Properties.Make sure there is a checkmark beside Run With Highest Privileges.

Thumbs up

Thank you so much, I NEVER would have found that area without your help. Apologies for taking so long to get back...honestly I had forgotten all about posting this until I got the same error message. :(
    I find these forums full of great information, it is much appreciated. You guys rock.
    Thanks again.
    Love and light,
    sage

You're welcome.

I suggested in the Ver 2 forum that a run on boot option like Avast has would be easier than trying to tell someone over the phone how to boot into safemode
    Schedule bootiime Scan
    or at least in clean mode before anything else loads