Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6.2 & Firefox 3.6.22

Success, all protected now!

Now, do I need to put a tick in all those boxes again before closing the program? or do I just need to put a tick in a box relevant to when I see one that is unprotected?

Am I right in that if I am using the portable spybot from a USB stick then I will be unable to use the SD helper or the resident tea timer because I would need to have the USB stick in all the time as I tried removing it after I had set both the tea-timer and the SD helper and I was unable to remove the stick.

Now that I know how to get the immunise to work correctly I am wondering if perhaps I should install 1.6.2 again in my computer instead of the USB stick.

My very technical answer to that is.....I dunno!
    I'm unfamiliar with Portable Spybot,I've never had a chance to try it out yet,but yes,judging from the instructions for Portable apps here,I'd assume you would have to have the USB stick in all the time in order to use Teatimer:
    http://portableapps.com/support/portable_app#using

You did uninstall the non-portable full version of Spybot from Add/Remove Programs before you installed Portable Spybot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    My very technical answer to that is.....I dunno!
    I'm unfamiliar with Portable Spybot,I've never had a chance to try it out yet,but yes,judging from the instructions for Portable apps here,I'd assume you would have to have the USB stick in all the time in order to use Teatimer:
    http://portableapps.com/support/portable_app#using

You did uninstall the non-portable full version of Spybot from Add/Remove Programs before you installed Portable Spybot?
    Yes I did.

On the subject of un-install, I take it there is no un-install for the portable version, and would it just be the case of deleting it from the USB stick?

Also are all the settings from the immunisation held on the data stick and not the computer? I ask as if I wanted to install the normal 1.6.2 version on my PC again I am afraid it may mess with any portable settings already stored on the computer.
    Last edited by poppylove; 2011-09-22 at 10:13.

Just wanted to say that I have installed Spybot 1.6.2 on my computer and the immunising seems to work fine now, one thing I wanted to ask though, how do I check to see if the definitions are updating correctly? is there anywhere that tells me on the actual program what the current definition are?

Hello,

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
    There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
    It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2011/09/21.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
    There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
    It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2011/09/21.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Thanks Sandra, it shows Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46

Last Detection Update 21/09/11

I'm glad you were able to get everything fully immunized.

If you have the Portable Apps Platform or Suite,this shows how to delete an app:
    http://portableapps.com/support/port...e#removingapps
    I also see on there that you can run an app standalone,I believe.Do you have the Portable Apps Platform?

Now, do I need to put a tick in all those boxes again before closing the program? or do I just need to put a tick in a box relevant to when I see one that is unprotected?
    It's up to you.It might be easiest to recheck everything,in case there are updates to Immunization,that way if you need to Immunize again in the future,Spybot will do all the sections at once.That is what I always preferred to do.
    You can retick all the boxes easily by rightclicking somewhere in the window,and selecting 'Select All.'

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Do you have the Portable Apps Platform?
    Not that I'm aware of. what actually is it?