Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDFSSvc.exe using 25% of my CPU

Muha:Muha:
    I'm not so drastic and ruthless as drdancm, however, the question
    Scanner is very important, because the system slows down so well.
    I fact I uninstalled the part relating to the scanner and now systems
    are agile and are happy.
    hello
    GLM

I am seeing much less usage.

Snip right after boot:

Unhappy

I think I finally disabled the Live Protection, but will see next time I boot up.
    Here is the error file w respect to the crash of SDFSSvc.exe

I hope it is of use.

Thanks,

Dan

Uploading of error log failed. Says security token is missing. What is that?

This is Just one more thing to make things more difficult to help with the beta testing. Damn MS Windows makes getting the error files a PITA in the first place. Let me know where to e-mail error log please.
    Last edited by drdancm; 2011-10-20 at 00:13.

I am also experiencing the same problem. The SDFSsvc.exe runs the processor continously at 70% to 100% which makes the system unstable; it makes the system un-accessible for hours at a time. So far, this new version of Spybot Search & Destroy is proving itself to be un-reliable whether its installed on its own or with other security software installed (doesn't matter which security program is installed alongside Spybot). I'm also experiencing much longer boot times up to and including 15 minutes delay at the Welcome screen and up to an hour or more once logged on for the system to become somewhat responsive to any user input. It also makes load times for programs much longer sometimes taking up to 15 minutes for a program to start.

System Information: Windows XP Professional SP3 32-Bit; P4 Prescott 3.0 GHz Hyper-Threaded; 2.5GB memory.

Thanks,

Tech83

Quote Originally Posted by drdancm View Post
    Uploading of error log failed. Says security token is missing. What is that?

This is Just one more thing to make things more difficult to help with the beta testing. Damn MS Windows makes getting the error files a PITA in the first place. Let me know where to e-mail error log please.
    Hello Dan,

this was an error message from our forum software vBulletin. I tried to reproduce this vBulletin-error by posting something and then later adding an attachment, but I did not happen to me.

Did you perhaps wait for a longer time between opening the "Manage Attachments" window and actually doing the upload of the file? Maybe your forum login wasn't valid anymore after that time.

You can also submit your bug report including an attachment via http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/bugs.html

Sorry for the inconvenience!

daemon

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    Hello Dan,

this was an error message from our forum software vBulletin. I tried to reproduce this vBulletin-error by posting something and then later adding an attachment, but I did not happen to me.

Did you perhaps wait for a longer time between opening the "Manage Attachments" window and actually doing the upload of the file? Maybe your forum login wasn't valid anymore after that time.

You can also submit your bug report including an attachment via http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/bugs.html

Sorry for the inconvenience!

daemon
    I did not wait at all, but on further testing I think my zip file (750k) is just over the stated file size limit.
    I used your link and uploaded the error log file.

Thanks,

Dan
    Last edited by drdancm; 2011-10-20 at 12:21. Reason: add info

Unhappy SDFSSvc.exe is making my computer unusable

I am so bored with ending the process on this SDFSSvc.exe file. If I turn Spybot off it still comes back. There seems nothing I can do to stop it taking over my processor. I have already turned off Live Protection as it just runs every few seconds and makes using the computer tourture. It even runs on the same applications again and again. What is the point of that. I would have hoped to be able to add pps to a list of safe ones but no....

I agree with an earlier post that the control panel is over complex and difficult to understand. I have given up trying to work it out.

Right now I am going to uininstall spybot and give up on it. Waste of time in my mind ever having installed it... wish I hadn't now.

I have to echo Tech83 and Ron Hanney! It's hard to describe the frusration Live Protect causes. Once you get it to work right, you really need to allow it to ask about each program and as allow the user to mark it SAFE - ALWAYS, so it does not run the scan on the same safe program every time it is accessed.

I am sad to report that even though I had thought I had turned Live Protect off using the Settings in the Services Window. It comes back on every time I boot up my machine (once a day). Fortunately after wasting a lot of time during booting, it fails.

So, this time I went to Control Panel /Administrative Tools/Services found Spybot Live Protect and DISABLED IT.

I'll see whether it resurrects itself the next time I boot. I have to get some work done so I don't have time to spend testing it at this time.

Thanks,

Dan
    Last edited by drdancm; 2011-10-21 at 23:20. Reason: add stuff

Hi! All,

The issue got so bad that I have had to temporarily un-install the program. Another part of Spybot that is supposed to help with this is the Create Whitelist function but it does not do much except speed up on-demand scans; the Whitelist function also really needs to allow the user to re-create the list as the user adds or removes programs or even installs updates to other programs. At this time I would definitely have to say the Spybot 2.0 is NOT ready for the general public to use. I hope to resume testing & provide more updates soon.

Tech83

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drdancm View Post
    I have to echo Tech83 and Ron Hanney! It's hard to describe the frusration Live Protect causes. Once you get it to work right, you really need to allow it to ask about each program and as allow the user to mark it SAFE - ALWAYS, so it does not run the scan on the same safe program every time it is accessed.

I am sad to report that even though I had thought I had turned Live Protect off using the Settings in the Services Window. It comes back on every time I boot up my machine (once a day). Fortunately after wasting a lot of time during booting, it fails.

So, this time I went to Control Panel /Administrative Tools/Services found Spybot Live Protect and DISABLED IT.

I'll see whether it resurrects itself the next time I boot. I have to get some work done so I don't have time to spend testing it at this time.

Thanks,

Dan
    I'm happy to report that disabling Live Protect using the steps I show above worked over multiple bootings of my comptuer. What a difference to have my computer boot-up really fast and respond right away.

No need to uninstall Spybot 2.xx Beta -just disable Live Protect if it is slowing your machine down.
    Last edited by drdancm; 2011-10-24 at 00:53. Reason: correct spell