Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Spybot detection window - Help!

Angry Problem with Spybot detection window - Help!

I recently downloaded Spybot and once completed, I started to receive Spybot detection messages whereby I was being notified that changes to my registry entries were being detected. The message was providing me information such as the Category, type of change to the registry, the Entry, and what I suspect was the old entry data and the new entry data. The problem I’m having is that I suspect that the detection boxes are asking me to approve of the changes, but I’m not receiving an option to do so. The options that I have at my disposal are as follows:
    1. A check box for remember this decisi… I suspect that the remaining letters would continue to spell out decision. The “o” an “n” are covered by opton listed in #2
    2. Button with the “?”
    3. Info is a button
    4. There is a fourth option that isn’t labeled and will either activate item 1 or deactivate item 1.
    There is no option for me to accept or deny the registry changes. The only way for me to exit the detection box is to simply close the box, which then provides me with another box that provides me with the current time and states that denies the registry change and fades out after a few seconds. Does anyone know what I should do to accept changes if appropriate, or deny the change if inappropriate? I’m afraid that with the updates from anti-virus program that are being downloaded, I’m not getting proper coverage if they entries are being denied. Thanks!
    Bigalo

Exclamation Same Problem

Everythong worked fine until I upgraded. Every PC I upgraded to version 1.4 has the same problem.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's pup-up dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change".

Note: If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change will be denied.

If you can't deal with the problem until it is fixed, you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    • Uncheck the following:
      • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Great information!

Thanks for the information. Have you heard when a fix may be available?
    Bigalo

Hello,

We hope that it will be available soon. But we have no date yet.
    Please be patient.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default About Error Message

Is this the problem that all of you are talking about? See attachment or link. (Spybot.jpg) I came to this forum just to see if anyone had the same problem I've be having.
    Mike

Hello,

Yes this is a known problem. There are some post about this item in our forum. But it will be fixed with the next upgrade soon.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Cool At last

Boy I'm glad to find a way out of this bug after 3 unanswered bug reports and as many reinstallations! I' m a longtime and happy user but was on the verge of giving up. The A&D solution will keep me sailing. THANKS

Default Corrupt message window about changing registry

:( To Spybot Support
    Can you provide a rough idea of when the fix/upgrade will be available. I'm afraid this bug is affecting my Anti-virus software. thanks.
    Matthew Higgins

I have had a problem with spyBot in that the number of definitions was not increasing each time I downloaded updates. I then visited ...........and downloaded a programme called Remove About blank Buddy. It found a parasite operating as SpyBot. After deletion the SpyBot programme was up and running correctly again. Give it a try!!

Url removed.
    Last edited by tashi; 2005-10-31 at 22:40.