Thread: New Avira 2012

Default New Avira 2012

FYI - when installing this app it scans the system for possible conflicting software. Spybot 1.6 is on the list and is suggested to be uninstalled. Ignoring the message and all is well but, there is a setting in the new Avira that locks the host file. This is "on" by default and does block Spybot from applying the immunization to the host file. I do not use TeaTimer so do not know if there are any issues here.

Hello,

Thanks for reporting.
    We have contacted Avira about this issue and are looking forward what they have to say.
    From our point of view there should not be any problems with the compatibility.
    If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.
    There is no need to uninstall Spybot-S&D.
    If you already have uninstalled it due to Avira we recommend a reinstall.

If you are still in the setup of installing Avira Premium 2012 you can skip the step of uninstalling Spybot-S&D by clicking the "Next" button.
    Similar incompatibilities have been reported by McAfee and Kaspersky which you can see here.

Best greads
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I just installed the new Avira, I did ignore the Uninstall Spybot. All went well until I tried to update Spybot, the update went fine but the Immunize is being blocked, same as jopa66.