Thread: Spybot big changes: I'm now lost, please help.

Default Spybot big changes: I'm now lost, please help.

Previously using Spybot I had a single window with tabs and mostly user friendly intuitive buttons, minus the double Immunize interface. Now I have updated Spybot after a business trip and machine rebuild, and the interface has completely changed. The single interface is gone with multiple windows replacing it clogging up my display and slowing down a once easy encounter.

1) I have to go to the advanced tab to find a simple "Update" button.
    2) Once I am there, the "Download and install updates" page, there is no Download button. There is no Install button. There is an Update button, but it's to the right of the "Integrity Check" button. What does that do? Who knows. I begrudgingly click the "Update" button because after thinking and wondering why the interface is so clumsy, I figure this is what they meant. However, the large progress bar, or what I assume to be a progress bar, at the bottom of the page does nothing? So I wait, do laundry, check the mail, and come back to no progress. (???) So, I click the mysterious "Integrity Check" button, and the same behavior is demonstrated.
    3) When I Immunize there is no longer a single number which I can reference to ensure I applied my immunization updates; I rather have to clumsily check all 38 sub-fields. (???)
    4) If I make changes in the "Setting" pop up window, when I hit the "Apply" button, it doesn't gray out or notify me that I have successfully updated my changes. I simply hit OK and hope.
    5) By now I am so disappointed I start to search for a way to provide feedback for a product I once touted. I either didn't find it, or it doesn't exist. I went to the web site, at which I didn't find it or it doesn't exist.

Perhaps I have a beta version. Perhaps I have the uber advanced view enabled. Perhaps I am not drinking the coolaid, and should just follow mindlessly with what ever Spybot gives me. Or, perhaps they fired the guy who thought about the customer experience or he got hired on at Apple for 50x the pay.

I am an embedded systems designer, and interface technically with end customers every day. When my own company has instances like this, we have a closed loop system to receive feedback from the customer and make adjustments accordingly. I don't see such an mechanism with Sypbot. I will continue to use their product, as I think it is useful.

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.

- SD

Win7 Ultimate
    QuadCore Intel
    8G RAM
    3 Dell LCD Displays

Quote Originally Posted by Sdomain View Post
    Perhaps I have a beta version.
    Yes it does. See here for the stable version: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

Or, you could help the devs work the bugs out of the beta (test) version. See Spybot-S&D Beta Forum.