Thread: Explorer Crashes with Beta 4

Angry Explorer Crashes with Beta 4

As soon as i installed beta 4 i get random crashes when ever i right click a file or folder.

I am currently useing Windows 7 64 Bit

Found some extra,

This only happenes when i have 2 or more folders open on my screen, if i have 1 window open i can right click to my hearts contents

ever since i installed the beta explorer crashes, so i uninstalled and no issues now. still some adjustments required, in the new version.
    Last edited by terraterm; 2011-10-26 at 21:13.

Just registered here to confirm this..

Please devs fix this. Spybot 2.0 beta is AMAZING but totally unusuble right now if it keeps explorer crashing like this. The system constantly hangs up and freezes whenever i right click something. Will be waiting for a Beta 4 hotfix or Beta 5. Meanwhile going back to Beta 3..

I had the problem with Windows Explorer crashing, or exhibiting strange behavior on right clicking. System is Windows 7 Ultimate, with 4 Gb memory, E6750.

Using Shell Ex View from nirsoft.net, I disabled Spybot2.0.6 B4 from context, along with Commodo Firewall (firewall only). I have since enabled Commodo. Spybot is scanning, and Explorer does not crash, but the scan slows down program startup a lot.

Windows7 + beta4

I too am experiencing explorer crashing on a fairly routine basis. The action that caused the crash is typically not a problem once explorer is restarted.

Mark

Product looks vg. But how can you use it? !!! Program freezes all the time in Windows 7 x64.

look forward to the solution. Well done , all at SN and keep up the first class work.

To add to my earlier post in this regard in a similar thread--

Explorer crashes the FIRST time it's opened when a file is right clicked upon. However, after explorer is closed and opened again, the right-click uniformly succeeds.

Mark

I just register here to confirm this also. Explorer crash! "Shell32.dll"

And although similar but not precisely the same--

If you right also click to delete a desktop icon without Explorer obviously open on the the page, the explorer crashing box opens.

Once the you tell the box to close and reopen explorer you can then delete the icon.

As matters I do not remember mentioning before:
    1) I'm using Win7 64 bit
    2) Explorer doesn't reopen itself as the box would indicate but does require my physically double clicking the thing once the screen finishes doing its funny things.

Mark