Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Email contacts hacked, browser acting glitchy

Hey Jeff,

I don't seem to be having any further problems. I followed most of the steps from your earlier post, including disabling Windows Firewall. I went with Online Armor. I also downloaded mvps HOSTS.

The only thing I didn't do was download Filehippo's Update Checker.

I downlaoded and ran SPYBOT version 2.0.6.0. The link for "Instructions For Spybot S&D" didn't work. It brought me to Malware Removal, but I was unable to view the instructions, even after registering.

After running Spybot, I am a little concerned that there were 39 level 5 infections, including the one I thought Spybot got rid of before, which I think was a registry infection?...Microsoft.Windows.appfirewallbypass. (There were actually 2 instances of the same).

I had Spybot fix all that it could.

Thanks again for all of the help you have provided.
    James

Jeff,

Should I keep Spybot on my computer? It did find lots of Malware in the last scan (I am a little concerned about that) but I think it is slowing things down on my machine.

Emeritus

Hi James,

I downlaoded and ran SPYBOT version 2.0.6.0. The link for "Instructions For Spybot S&D" didn't work. It brought me to Malware Removal, but I was unable to view the instructions, even after registering.
    I apologize for that. I will be sure to fix that.

After running Spybot, I am a little concerned that there were 39 level 5 infections, including the one I thought Spybot got rid of before, which I think was a registry infection?...Microsoft.Windows.appfirewallbypass. (There were actually 2 instances of the same).
    I think the first time I ever ran it I had about 40 LOL!! Spybot is good at fixing these entries. I would definitely keep it on your system. I personally run it on all my systems. Since it runs in real-time it will use some of your resources but I think the benefit outweighs the consequences. It is really your choice though.

Everything seems to be running great! Thanks Jeff!

Emeritus

Glad that I could help!!

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you are the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.