Thread: 2.0.6.0 beta 4

Smile 2.0.6.0 beta 4

I have 2.0.6.0 beta4 and i have the complain that it slows down my pc and it makes applications hang. when the final version would be released? thank you I have q9650 processor ddr2 ram 8gb and disabled pagefile it is supposed to be fast on oppening applications
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-10-18 at 03:49. Reason: Moved from "Tests" for scribbles :-)

Exclamation SpyB~SD 206 … Slow down RAM

I had tried SpyB~SD versions 150, 152, 160, 162 and this latest was a few slow to scan, run and more complex in advanced mode ! Perform a clean installation with format of HD and everything was OK ... until now to install this new version 206 Bt ... (excellent presentation) ... but extremely slows down the speed of the OS, making it impossible can run other programs. Execute 'Scan System' and RAM memory decreased so much that PC froze !
    All cleaner, antivirus, etc ... is good until it is too heavy for the OS ... less is more ... go back to SpyB~SD 150 the most … inoffensive

Procesador AMD Athlon 64, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 2800+
    Memory RAM 2,048 GB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    Tarjeta Gráfica NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (256 MB)
    Operat System Windows XP Pro (UE) 5.1.2600 (SP3)

Default Slows down computer

I was getting tired of my old version of Spybot because it was failing to immunize properly. I decided to uninstall my old version and try to re-install the program. There was a new version available, Spybot S&D 2.0.6.0 beta4. The beta made me leery but I figured I would give it a try. I downloaded the program this morning and it looks really great. Lots of bells and whistles but I have noticed that my computer is running very slowly. It takes a good five minutes sometimes when I open up my laptop for the Google chrome page to load up. Mozilla seems to come up a little quicker but I mainly use chrome. I'm going to give it a few more days but I may want to wait til the final version is available and see if these kinks are worked out.
    Last edited by dao663; 2011-12-07 at 07:37. Reason: clarify version

Quote Originally Posted by dao663 View Post
    Lots of bells and whistles but I have noticed that my computer is running very slowly. It takes a good five minutes sometimes when I open up my laptop for the Google chrome page to load up.
    If you switch off Live Protection (see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...64325&p=415641 ) you should see a significant improvement in performance.

I think Live Protection should be renamed ZOMBIE Protection -it makes your machine so slow it is like the walking DEAD