Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to disable Live protection

Default How to disable Live protection

Hi everyone,

I have just installed spybot 2.0 beta 4 on win7 x64 home premium and so far everything works great! The only thing that is annoying me is the live protection future which scans every file i try to run on my pc. I found a way to stop it from services but every time i reboot my pc it starts again. Is there a way to stop it / disable it permanently ?

Thanks a lot,

Philip

You set it to disabled in Windows Services?

Go to Start Center and click on the top blue 'beam'.

There you can disable the 'Live Protection Background Service' by clicking on stop or only unticking the option 'Enable scanning of programs before they start'.

Quote Originally Posted by dEX2340 View Post
    Go to Start Center and click on the top blue 'beam'.

There you can disable the 'Live Protection Background Service' by clicking on stop or only unticking the option 'Enable scanning of programs before they start'.
    I am having the same problem,

I had already found this way, but after a pc reboot the service is back ON

is there a way to keep this service disabled ? (other than manualy disabling this in the windows services ?? )

I have the same issue and it is driving me crazy, I am about to uninstall this thing if I can't get it to stop loading on reboot.

Windows Services, set it to disabled.

It is not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctucas View Post
    Windows Services, set it to disabled.

It is not that difficult.
    The process isn't that difficult, I agree. However, the ability to disable it's services permanently should be in the SpyBot S&D interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    The process isn't that difficult, I agree. However, the ability to disable it's services permanently should be in the SpyBot S&D interface.
    I completely agree.

However, everyone should realize that this is a BETA.

Perhaps the developers will institute that feature in future versions.

For now, setting the service to Disabled in Windows Services is a viable work-around.

And, as I have not heard any other option offered by the development team, perhaps it currently is the only option?

I like the Live Protection but I think they should get rid of the pop-up and the sound. It should be run in the background so the user does not even notice it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoNeo View Post
    I like the Live Protection but I think they should get rid of the pop-up and the sound. It should be run in the background so the user does not even notice it's there.
    I would respectfully disagree. The pop-up reassures me, explains to me why the application is not launching as speedily as it has in the past, and allows me to estimate how long it will be before the application actually launches.