Thread: i think i have been hacked

Default i think i have been hacked

I am not sure what to do next or how it happened. I logged onto my Pc and the login screen had a new account this account was named guest$. i logged into my owner account went to control panel then user accounts and deleted the guest$ account. i ran a scan with avast that is the anti virus i have and it found a Win32:Ghost-D in C\mysql\data\mysql\tempmix4.MYD which was sent to the virus chest then avast went crazy trying to put C\18181.exe in the chest which had a win32:malware gen there was at least 50 of them in the log i had to keep pressing to add it to the chest and it could not be found on my pc so finally i chose the option to block it and that worked, thought i was ok but then the file C\11188.exe alerted avast it was a threat Win32:Crypt-GEC it was moved to the chest, the same file came up again a few seconds later it was found a threat win32:Trojan-Gen.
    i haven't got any more alerts since this afternoon. i looked in my admin tools events log and seen some errors and clicked the links to help and support, i got a error that help and support was not running, so i went into services to run it could not start it. i found a fix for that by runing dail a fix by djlizard.net. it worked.
    not sure this pc is clean or if it ever will be i was hacked, they made a guest account. how did they do that i have a firewall on the pc and in my routor? i run avast and it is updated. i also have spyware blaster and spyware guard and spybot search and destroy.protecting this pc. i have all window updates. i run malwarebyes every night before i log off.
    shaking head i guess it happens to everyone that surfs the web. ok enough whining lets get this pc clean again if we can please.
    thank you

Hello DJSatin,

Please revisit the FAQ which may have changed since your last visit.

Instructions for posting preliminary DDS logs for analysis in post #2. "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic providing the DDS logs as shown in that sticky and a link back to this thread. A volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016