Thread: Google redirected to shopping sites and babylon toolbar

Default Google redirected to shopping sites and babylon toolbar

Hi I have been using internet explorer on my laptop and have managed (don't know how) to get a babylon toolbar added. I have tried to uninstall the programme which looks like it has happened but I still have the tool bar showing and it is still redirecting me.

I have installed firefox to use this and this is now being redirected to shopping sites. I downloaded spybot and several spywares were detected of which I have removed but I don't know what to do now. Can someone help a real novice please.

For firefox you can try clicking the firefox pulldown menu over to the top left,selecting Add-ons,then Plug-ins.Scroll down and look for Babylon,and if it is there,select Disable.

Also,I see some people have had some success typing About:Config into Firefox's address bar,then typing Babylon into the filter,and resetting all prefs that link to babylon by rightclicking,and selecting reset,but be careful if you decide to try this.

You uninstalled babylon from add/remove programs?If you did,and it no longer appears under add/remove programs,you can also try going to C:\Program Files,then deleting the Babylon folder.

If you continue to be redirected,or if you would rather not attempt the above,you could get help in the malware removal section of this forum.
    "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)
    Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22