Thread: false positive: error nuker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    User2:

You have posted nine (9) times in this thread asking why it is targeted or if it is still targeted since Buster provided that explanation.

I am curious if in the two months you have been posting here whether or not you ever contacted Trek Blue and asked them if the statements by Buster were valid and if so why they can not control their advertising affiliates from pushing "Error Nuker" via seemingly deceptive practices.

If you feel the detection is a false positive or if you do not want Spybot alerting you, Spybot provides a facility to either:
    • "Exclude this detection from further searches"
    • "Exclude this product from future scans"

Please avail yourself of those options.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. Post number 7 states that I have already contacted Trek Blue's Tech Support about this. I pointed them to this thread and asked them to comment about the information given here.

Specifically, their response was:

"This is all hear say- the truth is that an unauthorized party that sing (sic) up as affiliate promoted our program via a net work that we have clearly stayed away. Since then we have removed the link and band the member from any business with us."

What I wanted was a response to this - as I clearly stated in the earlier post. If no one replies to this, or checks it, how am I supposed to know if Spybot have looked into this again? If this is a false positive, as seems the case from Trek Blue's response, then surely it is in Spybot's interest to rectify this. However, if Trek Blue's statement is untrue, then I need to know so I can uninstall this software.

As was stated in a previous post - Spybot provide this service - with that service comes responsibility. Spybot's users therefore rely on Spybot to make informed decisions about what is malware - and if Trek Blue's software is malware then we should be told.

The information I have provided was posted after, and in response to, the initial reply.

So, once again, what is Spybot's reply to this? Are Trek Blue lying? Or are they telling the truth? Is Spybot's information outdated?

I am not having a go at Spybot - I just wish someone would acknowledge this and state that Spybot is either re-evaluating Error Nuker, or that the re-evaluation has taken place and the software is either still classified as malware or is safe (ethically ) to use.

As to your last paragraph - I have already stated in post number 13 that I have done exactly that.

So, what's it to be?
    Last edited by User2; 2006-03-12 at 13:03.