Thread: Infected by Sality.AO

Angry Infected by Sality.AO

Not detected by S&D
    Hi ! I'm new here and ... infected

I'm under W7, I use Panda Global Protection 2012 and since October 29th, one of my pc's is infected by Sality.AO. This virus has been detected by Panda and NOT S&D ...

S&D says "nothing found" while this virus created a directory named psktmp in the Panda directory and a HUGE file called pavaef8.tmp of more than 2Gb !!! The other pc that runs under W7 and Panda do not have that file.

I tried to delete it : impossible. I do not have "the permission" to do so.
    I tried to killed it with S&D : impossible.

Even the quarantine routine of Panda does not even show the suspect file : it simply does not appear in the directory, it's empty ...

I have still not received any answer from Panda, my case is still open. I read on the net that Sality is an old virus but is now difficult to detect and delete Ideed, nor Panda or S&D Live reacted during the download.

Does anybody know if format is the ONLY solution to my problem ???

Cheers !

Hello Syca1404,

Sorry to hear of the problem, please see this FAQ "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) It includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary DDS logs, which are used for analysis.

If this is a personal computer start a new topic for it here in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer will advise when available.

If the infection prevents a log being produced please start a new topic anyway and let them know.

FYI: Spybot-S&D is not an anti virus program.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016