Thread: "Keep me signed in" ?

Default "Keep me signed in" ?

Since installing the beta, websites with saved credentials (both internal to FF and Norton 360) do not remember the keep me signed in instruction.

Although the credentials will appear on a login page from the above, the check off box that was checked to remember and automatically sign in is not checked. Checking the box is lost after Spybot runs.

I cannot determine what setting is causing this problem?

Mark

Here's a follow-up to my initial post.

The browser is Firefox 8.

I'm signed in to Google News, iGoogle, MyYahoo. I close the browser before scanning. After the scan completes and I re-open Firefox I'm NO longer signed in to the previous and need to sign in again.

Am I the only person experiencing this problem?

Is there a setting that I'm missing that's causing this behavior?

Mark

Hello,

Then you probably have deleted cookies with Spybot-S&D.
    To avoid this problem do not fix the cookies that are being found in a scan.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

So is there not a way to delete tracking cookies but not benign informational cookies?

I unchecked the cookies section of the scan results and (you were correct) the login problem is no more.

1. I have looked through settings and do not see where I can tell the program NOT to attempt to delete the Word last used files (to save me the time of un-checking the box). Is there not a way to do this?

2. Regarding cookies:
    a. I know that there is a place to tell the software to not delete cookies since I did so in the previous non beta version. However, I cannot find same in settings?
    b. As a point of interest--is it not possible for you to determine if a cookie is a tracking cookie versus a harmless 'remember my login' cookie?

Thanks,

Mark