Thread: SpyBot S&D Doesn't See Firefox

Default SpyBot S&D Doesn't See Firefox

After a clean OS install I am finding that SpyBot can't see any Firefox cookies. It can see OE cookies and clean them, but, not see Firefox cookies.
    Am using XP Pro sp3 and Firefox 7.0.1. Prior to clean install SpyBot was seeing cookies in 7.0.1.
    Any suggestions how to fix this?

A little extra info. No I don't have Firefox set to delete cookies on close. Yes I did have Firefox closed before using Spybot and looking in Settings > Ignored Cookies (which didn't show Firefox cookies). Yes, when I looked in Firefox I could see all the cookies that SpyBot could not see.

Also just noticed that on Imunize Tab only Internet Explorer is showing for imunization, Firefox is not there. It's not just not seeing Firefox cookies, but, not seeing Firefox at all.
    Last edited by CanopusArchives; 2011-11-11 at 20:35. Reason: Extra info

Exclamation

Do you have Firefox set to delete site preferences on close?

Quote Originally Posted by lewisje View Post
    Do you have Firefox set to delete site preferences on close?
    No, I have FF set to only clear cache on close

I've now updated to Firefox 8 and still SpyBot doesn't see it. As a work around I found that CC Cleaner sees Firefox 7 and 8 easily and as it has the same abillity to exclude selected cookies from cleaning as SpyBot does I have switched to it for my cookie handling. Unfortunately it can't inoculate Firefox 7 or 8, but, as SpyBot doesn't seem to be able to either then no loss.

Please fix this so that I can revert to SpyBot which is my prefered application.

Well this is very strange. SpyBot S&D is now seeing Firefox 11.x when it comes to immunizing and the other day I tried it and it saw Firefox cookies. I ticked ones I wanted to keep, ran the scan which deleted them and thought everything was back to normal. Yesterday and today when I try it SpyBot is no longer seeing Firefox 11.x again. Seems it does have the ability to clean FF cookies, but, is temperamental only being able to do it on very rare occasions.

Default Spybot can't find my firefox profile

I have two user on my PC, both are administrators.
    The only big diference in their profiles are the drive. One resides on system drive and the another not.
    In one, Spybot find firefox profile for immunizing (profile in system drive).
    But in another don't (profile in data drive).

I have another PC with same profile schema, where Spybot find firefox in all profiles.

Firefox 17.0.1
    Spybot 1.6.2
    Windows 7
    Last edited by 1390nt; 2012-12-19 at 14:29.