Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JayBG needs help with malware removal

This was the second time I ran it .. the first time I came back to my computer and it was on a post-test ad to purchase software ...

ESET Online Scan results:
    ---------------------------
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\16\7de60ad0-12a1005a a variant of OSX/Exploit.Smid.D trojan
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\29\218affdd-5c45f67c a variant of Java/Rowindal.A trojan
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\48\2121b370-6e48e8a0 multiple threats

Emeritus-Security Expert

Great, the only thing we need to do is empty your Java Cache

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.
    • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    • Under Main choose: Select All
    • Click the Empty Selected button.
    Your system may start up slower after running ATF Cleaner, this is expected but will be back to normal after the first or second boot up
    Please note: If you use online banking or are registered online with any other organizations, ensure you have memorized password and other personal information as removing cookies will temporarily disable the auto-login facility. If you want to keep your log on info, just click on Select All and then uncheck cookies

Outside of your video, everything else ok ?
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Yes, I believe all symptoms have been eliminated, except for the video issues. As some symptoms were sporatic, only time will tell if they pop up, but I'm confident that (almost) all is well.

Thank you very much, Ken, for all your thorough and persistant aid in fixing these issues.

My one last question for you before you refer me for the video help:
    Other than running Avast free antivirus, what other guards should I have in place running in active or resident mode 24/7 to keep this from happening again? An ounce of prevention .....

Emeritus-Security Expert

Lets do this, post here for your Video problems, all us forums work together so you can link them to this thread if you wish so they can see what we have done.
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

Avast is a nice AV, you should have a firewall as well, here are three free ones, just install one. Or you can upgrade Avast to the complete package that includes a firewall and some anti spyware

http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

All I have on my systems is Norton Internet Security that includes AV, a firewall and some Anti Spyware. Your call but you can upgrade Malwarebytes to the Pro Version, the cost is minimal and you own the key code, no yearly fee. This version has a protection module that will block any bad sites that you may wander into with a page not found and a pop up from Malwarebytes telling you they blocked it, I have this on all my systems. Just use one AV and one Firewall and a nice program like malwarebytes and you should be ok, just dont to crazy installing to many programs or they will bog down your system

• Click START then RUN
    • Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.

Open OTL and click on Clean Up and it will remove programs we used to clean your system along with there backups

Malwarebytes is the free version and yours to keep and will not be removed

Keeping your Java updated is very important to the security of your system, info here on how to update
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...80&postcount=2

Safe Surfn
    Ken
    Last edited by ken545; 2011-11-21 at 02:34.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Emeritus-Security Expert

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue