Thread: False positive?

Default False positive?

Yesterday, after updating several programs, I recieved this error message:

11/16/2011 12:56:57 PM Encountered and terminated AdwareBot in C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe!

After looking up the program, I realized that it was part of my graphics card.

And in addition, I can no longer access the internet on any of my browsers, even after a system restore.

Operating System: Windows 7
    Browser and Version: Newly updated Firefox 8, latest version of Chrome
    Version of Spybot S&D and Date of the latest update: Unknown at this time since system restore deleted the last update I made.
    where did the false positive occur: Teatimer message
    Last edited by Shrimp_Man; 2011-11-18 at 00:30. Reason: additional information

thank you for reporting this issue. As you suspected this appears to be a false positive.

It appears that the TeaTimer is in a state in which it causes not reproducible false positives.
    Rebooting your computer or restarting TeaTimer should solve this issue.
    If you have other real time protection active on your computer it is recommended to use only one, since this may also cause errors or at least unnecessarily strain your computers performance.
    To disable TeaTimer do the following:

start Spybot S&D and switch into advanced mode
    navigate to tools - resident
    uncheck the box for resident TeaTimer to shut down TeaTimer and remove it from System start
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Alright, I'll try that. I'm currently able to get online through Safe Mode with Networking so if it doesn't work, then I'll be able to let you know.