Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Infections found-Win32.NrgBot.rtk.

I got the same message yesterday. It says my infected files are in my toshiba game console. I'm using Windows 7 also. So, I'm guessing I don't have anything to be worried about. That sucks b/c I restored to an earlier date and some things went a little wonky on my computer but oh well.

hello,

thanks for submitting the GameConsole.exe files.
    I can confirm that the detection as Win32.NrgBot.rtk is a false positive.
    The next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2011-11-30 will fix this issue.

However these GameConsole files are part of WildTangent and not part of your computer vendors necessary software. Due to trust issues with WildTangent in the past I would personally not trust them.
    If you like the WildTangent games keep it, but if you don't use it I would recommend to uninstall it (if possible).
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    hello,

The next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2011-11-30 will fix this issue.

However these GameConsole files are part of WildTangent and not part of your computer vendors necessary software. Due to trust issues with WildTangent in the past I would personally not trust them.
    If you like the WildTangent games keep it, but if you don't use it I would recommend to uninstall it (if possible).
    Thank you for checking these, but I was wondering something: Did you confirm Gateway Game Console and HP Game Console? Or just one of those?

Default False positive on my system

By me, it is an obvious false positive.

It is reported in a copy on my system disk of a Safestick.exe file that is part of a highly secured USB key. This program is on the first, write-protected, partition of the key and runs automatically when the key is inserted to ask for the password and make the main protected partition accessible. After 3 incorrect passwords, the whole content of the key is destroyed.

Of course I compared the C: version of the program with the one on the key and the 2 versions are reported identical. I can't imagine the 2 versions being infected on the same week, one being on a write-protected disk.

Default Experiencing Same As Most Here

Win32.NrgBot.rtk showed up while doing my routine housekeeping routines. Followed many suggestions with no success. Any advice would be most appreciated.

What is/are the risks of having SB fix the problem?

Thanx for help.

Newbie in need

Hello sherlock2667,
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock2667 View Post
    Win32.NrgBot.rtk showed up while doing my routine housekeeping routines. Followed many suggestions with no success. Any advice would be most appreciated.

What is/are the risks of having SB fix the problem?
    This thread is in the false positive sub-forum, please see if any of the previous posts apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    hello,

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello,

Similar situation.

I use Windows 7 on Toshiba laptop and Toshiba netbook.

Win32.NrgBot.rtk
    2 entries of TrojansC-03
    TOSHIBA Games > TOSHIBA Game Console> GameConsole.exe size: 1,889 KB
    GameConsole-wt.exe size: 1,889 KB

Message from Spybot S&D:
    Unexpected error in finding problems (Cannot create file “C:\Windows\wininit.ini”. Access is denied)

With the Toshiba laptop: I right-clicked on the files GameConsole.exe and GameConsole-wt.exe. In their Properties, I selected 'Deny Access' instead of of 'Allow' for all the instances. As administrator, I clicked the Spybot S&D's 'Immunize' option. Then I ran Spybot S&B for a scan to remove the two culprit files. Result: 'Congratulations! No threat was detected'.

I'll try the same steps with my Toshiba netbook.

-Almeetsup
    Last edited by Almeetsup; 2011-11-27 at 05:11.

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum and on this post but I realized that the alarms of Win32.NrgBot.rtk Gameconsole.exe and Gameconsole-wt.exe were false-positives and that the next update (scheduled for 30 / 11 / 2011) would correct this false alarm.
    Thank you all

Bonjour,
    je suis nouveau sur ce forum et sur ce sujet et j'ai compris que les alarmes Win32.NrgBot.rtk de Gameconsole.exe et Gameconsole-wt.exe étaient de faus positifs et que la mise à jour prochaine (prévue le 30/11/2011) corrigerait cette fausse alerte.
    Merci à tous

I have no game console of any sort, but when I updated Spybot this week, I got a warning for Win32.NrgBot.rtk. Windows Defender does not find it, nor does my Avast antivirus. Plus, my Spybot program froze three quarters of the way through "search and destroy." I am finding messages on boards all over the web from people asking the same question. Is this a false positive?

Hello macwhirr.

This particular topic in the false positives forum is marked. "Confirmed: Two Infections found" Win32.NrgBot.rtk.

If you have reason to believe your finding is another issue please follow the guidelines to report in a new topic as noted here: False Positives

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016