Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot won't execute from scheduler - Win 7/64

Hello,

Is the pc on, is it shut down, or is it in sleep mode?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

PC is on, Kitty is logged on as admin, I am sitting there watching it at 3:00PM.
    Nothing shows, and task manager does not show Spybot executing, but checking the Spybot log afterwards shows that it did execute. I would simply like to see it execute, like I can on my other machine.

Hello,

Can you please paste the commando line parameter that you use for the scheduler? Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Here it is, copied directly from the Task Scheduler:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe /AUTOCHECK

It was created by Spybot. I have not altered it.

Hello,

Thanks for checking.
    We have tested this problem and can confirm it.
    Maybe you can send us the job files from both pc's?
    They should be stored under: C:\Windows\Tasks

This seems to be a Windows 7 issue.
    When Spybot-S&D 1.6.2 has been released Windows 7 was not yet on the market.
    So a fully compatible and Windows 7 certified version should be Spybot 2.0, but we have no release date yet.
    But if you like you can test the Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

That is what I suspected. I tried your Beta version but it is fraught with even more problems, all of which I reported, and none of which have been fixed. I am afraid you have lost a user from lack of proper and timely maintenance/upgrade procedures. I hope you are able to catch up in the near future, as I really liked the user interface on Spybot 2.0 Beta.

You may close this topic, thanks for the information.

Lightbulb Win 7/32 won't run from scheduler

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for checking.
    We have tested this problem and can confirm it.
    Maybe you can send us the job files from both pc's?
    They should be stored under: C:\Windows\Tasks

This seems to be a Windows 7 issue.
    When Spybot-S&D 1.6.2 has been released Windows 7 was not yet on the market.
    So a fully compatible and Windows 7 certified version should be Spybot 2.0, but we have no release date yet.
    But if you like you can test the Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Interestingly enough, I have kind of the same problem. After searching the net found a suggestion to
    change the compatibility to 'Run as Administrator'. I have a system at work and one at home, the one
    at work appears to execute fine, but it is logged off and scheduled with a password, while one at home
    is logged in by a user with admin privileges. After changing all the exe files and the shell to 'Run as
    Administrator,' the system at home will update fine and wait to run. After I click to run off it goes.
    I have added the password to both tasks (update and scan) even though I am logged in and will see
    what happens.

Post Spybot 2.2 and Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by doug1026 View Post
    Interestingly enough, I have kind of the same problem. After searching the net found a suggestion to
    change the compatibility to 'Run as Administrator'. I have a system at work and one at home, the one
    at work appears to execute fine, but it is logged off and scheduled with a password, while one at home
    is logged in by a user with admin privileges. After changing all the exe files and the shell to 'Run as
    Administrator,' the system at home will update fine and wait to run. After I click to run off it goes.
    I have added the password to both tasks (update and scan) even though I am logged in and will see
    what happens.
    I had tried "run as administrator" and it did not work at the time. The latest version of Spybot (2.2 Free Edition) works fine on both my Windows 7 systems. I just execute it manually. If you are still having problems after upgrading, I suggest you let Safer Networking know. Thanks for your response!
    Last edited by Stephen Clark; 2013-12-13 at 23:50.

Thumbs up Spybot won't run from scheduler with Windows 7

I tried a number things and I believe all helped some. The first thing that I needed to
    do was Right Click on all exe programs located in the the Sypbot folder, located in
    the Program Files folder under your bootable drive. In my case, it is C: Select Properties
    Click on the Compatibility tab and check the Run as Administrator box at the
    bottom.

Finally, Right Click on the Spybot folder. select Properties , then select the Security
    tab
    . Hightlight the Adminstrator item in the upper box. Click edit and
    place a check in the Full Control box. Then, exit. Mine ran just like it used to run
    with the scheduler on XP.