Thread: ~Serious Spyware Issues~

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phen0

Default ~Serious Spyware Issues~

Hello.
    I've been using spybot for along time, and have made donations in the past.
    However recently, i have encounterd my first real problem with Spybot.

The other day i had pop ups on my screen, diguised as warning about spyware on my computer, when clicking on the pop ups i was brought to a website trying to sell me software to fix the "spyware problems".
    Other symptons were the IE homepage being changed to the page to sell me software, and generally slowness of the computers.
    I ran spybot in order to delete the problems, and everything seemed to go well. Until i scanned again instantly after, in order to double check, and the entries were back again.
    For some reason, i cannot delete this spyware. Spybot tells me that it's been deleted, then immediatly after, its back again.

I deleted a file called officescan.exe and the pop ups have stopped. (Another sympton was that the task manager would lock up, and this has stopped aswell.)
    However, im still faced with constant changing of a home page, and various other symptons that come with having spyware.
    Hope you guys can help.
    I really dont know how to get rid of the spyware.
    The enclosed picture, is a screenshot of what spybot reports to be the entries causing probems.
    Since the deletion of the officescan.exe whenever i open up a window, my firewall reports that something is trying to change my homepage. Whether i allow it or not, a message pops up saying
    "Rune-Time error "5", Invalid procedure call or argument"

Now although the homepage isn't the page that sells me stuff anymore, the url is titled as about:blank, and it will not stop changing.

I really hope someone can help.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Phen0 View Post
    However, im still faced with constant changing of a home page, and various other symptons that come with having spyware.
    Hope you guys can help.
    I really dont know how to get rid of the spyware.
    Hello.

Please follow the instructions in this sticky topic:
    BEFORE you post and who will advise you. Preliminary Steps

Then start your own thread here:
    Malware Removal Forum

A helper will advise you as soon as available.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016