Thread: missing ignore list

Default missing ignore list

I ran spybot v1.3 on one of my family's computers today and the "search for problems" function wouldn't work. The Program shut down as soon as it started to scan. So I uninstalled the program and downloaded v.1.4. When I went to set it up and opened the "ignore products" there are no programs listed. No tabs and no boxes to check. Nada. Under Info and License it says "no detection updates installed". But when I do Search for Updates it says "no newer updates available.
    I noticed in the forum that there is an incompatability with Bit Defender which is the av (free version)on that computer. Could that be the problem? Never had this happen before.
    B.T.W., what's with the horse-laughing game everytime I click on an icon in the top band?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Try the following:
    • Go to Windows > Control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Locate "Spybot – Search & Destroy 1.4" > Remove.
    • Using Windows explorer, verified that the following folder has been delete. If not, delete it:
      • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    • Reinstall Spybot-S&D 1.4:
      • Execute spybotsd14.exe.
      • Do not change the default installation path of:
        • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.