Thread: Java install problem.

herself

Default Java install problem.

Not sure if I am in the right place here.
    Trying to install java plug in.
    Running windows 7 latest versions of firefox and chrome download java but get error 1500 saying another instance is installing ? or something similar to that.
    Uninstalled previous versions of java rebooted tried again it wont install??
    My apology if I am posting in the wrong place.
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-12-10 at 03:05. Reason: Moved from the malware removal forum. :-)

I thought I had removed Java 6 via "Add or Remove Programs",had replaced it with Java 7. I ran the Secunia checker that is linked somewhere on this site and it said I still had some Java 6,was out of date. I think Secunia directed me to a folder in "Documents and Settings" which I was able to delete from my Administrator account. There was also a Java 7 folder there which I left. Secunia seemed satisfied.

herself

I think it may be a windows installer problem Im not sure but java wont uninstall from control panel uninstall it says i have a java on my laptop yet when I go to Java and it trys to verify it says I dont have java installed ??
    when trying to install java it downloads to my desktop but when installing i get error 1500 message

Hi there,

Hope this link helps: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1500.xml
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

herself

No Tashi it dont work my laptop wont uninstall previous version of java it saying the installer is already installing another programme and i have to wait till that is finished first..this happens whether I am trying to install or uninstall anything ..

Hello herself,
    Quote Originally Posted by herself View Post
    No Tashi it dont work my laptop wont uninstall previous version of java it saying the installer is already installing another programme and i have to wait till that is finished first..this happens whether I am trying to install or uninstall anything ..
    That is the issue addressed in the link.
    SYMPTOMS

During installation of Java from Java.com, a dialog box appears displaying
    Error 1500, Another installation is in progress

CAUSE

This is a general MSI (Microsoft Installer) install error message resulting into failure of the Java installation process.

The cause of this error could be:

Two MSI based installers running at the same time. The MSI engine will not allow this.
    In-Progress key left behind if an earlier installation attempt is cancelled forcibly via the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) during a transaction/installation process.

SOLUTION

Restart the system and Download and Install using offline option by clicking below link: Windows Offline Installer

Note: It is highly recommended to remove existing traces of JRE install from your system, before attempting a fresh install. Instructions for uninstallation can be found at:
    Windows Java Runtime Environment uninstallation instructions
    Is that the sequence you attempted without success, Windows Java Runtime Environment uninstallation instructions?

Best regards,

herself

I tried that it didnt work I fixed it by going into misconfig in command prompt ..selective start-cleared 'load start' hide all microsoft..then rebooting it stopped the installer which it seems was attempting to install updates but wouldn't work so anytime i was trying to install it was telling me the installer was already installing i guess it was running in the background.
    Problem solved .