Thread: W3i.IQ5.fraud removal issue

Angry W3i.IQ5.fraud removal issue

The above mentioned entry was found in a recent S&D scan, but S&D can't remove it. It tells me that I can't remove it because I'm not an administrator, even though I am logged into an administrator account. Multiple attempts to remove have failed for the same, repeated reason. I tried to make sense of the forum's manual removal options, but it's greek to me. Can someone help with this?
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-12-12 at 08:18. Reason: Moved from malware forum

Hello jklseattle,

"On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

From our FAQ here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

Please try that first, then if you still need help with manual removal start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS logs, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
    "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I read about another user of Spybot having this issue, to solve it he just had to update Spybot, I hope this helps, good luck.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true!
    PDL

I ran SSD yesterday and saw I had this, too. Anyone know where it came from?

I had the "must run as admin" error. Came here, l learned what to do, just ran SSD and it is gone..

Thank you!
    Natural is sexy!