Thread: Need Help uninstalling iLivid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need Help uninstalling iLivid

I mistakedly downloaded iLivid and need help removing . I followed the preliminary instructions and I saved the dds to my desktop but can't seem to copy and paste it to this post.When my wife gets home I'll see if she can help post it to this thread.Thanks in advance for your help, Bruce

Please see attachment
    Last edited by Blade81; 2011-12-14 at 07:54. Reason: Posts merged. Helpers look for topics with 0 replies.

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi Bruce C,

Firstly, welcome to the Safer-Networking Malware Removal Forum.
    My name is Scolabar, and I'll be helping you with your malware problems.
    Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.
    If you no longer require help i would be grateful if you would let me know.

I am currently working under the guidance of teachers, everything I post to you, will need to be reviewed by them.
    This additional review process can add some extra time to my responses, but hopefully not too much.

Please note the following important guidelines before proceeding:
    1. The instructions that will be provided are for YOUR computer and system only!
      Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable
      !
    2. If you have any questions or do not understand something, please do not hesitate to ask, don't guess or assume.
    3. Only post your problem at One help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
    4. Only reply to this thread, do not start another. Please, continue responding, until I give you the All Clean.
      Absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that everything is clear.
    5. DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
    6. DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process. This adds more items to be researched.
    7. Print each set of instructions, if possible. Your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
    8. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
    9. Note: No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed!

Please Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.

Windows Vista Advice:
    Please Note: The programs I ask you to use will need to be run in Administrator Mode.
    In order to do this Right-click on the program file and select the Run as Administrator option.
    Additionally, the built-in User Account Control (UAC) utility, if enabled, may prompt you for permission to run the program.
    If prompted, please click on the Allow button.
    Reference: User Account Control (UAC) and Running as Administrator

Please be aware that removing Malware is a hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
    In light of this, it would be advisable for you to back up any important files and folders that you don't want to lose before we start.

If you follow these guidelines, things should proceed smoothly.
    I am currently reviewing your log and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions.

Thank you for your patience.

Scolabar
    Malware Removal University - You too could train to help others

Default Re ;help from Scolabar

Hi ,I was not sure if I should post a reply or P.M. you so I sent you a P.M. last night. But just in case ,i thought I should post a reply also. Thanks for the Help and I am waiting patiently for your instructions.
    Bruce C.

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi Bruce C,

Please bear with us. I am waiting for a Teacher to check over my next set of instructions.
    As you will no doubt appreciate, the Teachers are very busy.

In the meantime, please make sure you have backed up your user data as provided in my original instructions.

Thank you again for your patience.

Scolabar

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi Bruce C,

Thank you again for your patience.

Please read these instructions carefully before executing and perform the steps, in the order given.
    lf you have any questions about or problems with, executing these instructions, <STOP> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem before going any further.

Before we proceed please make sure any open programs are closed.

Step 1:
    Business Use Computer?

Entries in your HijackThis log lead me to believe that this computer may be being used for business purposes.
    Please could you confirm if this is the case? If the computer is not used for business purposes please proceed with Step 2.

Step 2:
    OTL - Scan

1. Please download OTL by Old Timer. Save it to your Desktop.
    2. Double-click on OTL.exe to run the program.
    3. Under Output, ensure that the Standard Output option is selected.
    4. Under the Extra Registry section, select the Use SafeList option.
    5. Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
      Note: Please leave the remaining selections on the default settings.
    6. Click the LOP Check and Purity Check checkboxes.
    7. Then click on the Run Scan button in the top left-hand corner of the program window.
    8. When done, two Notepad files will automatically open:
      • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized.
      • Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
    9. Please Copy and Paste the entire contents of both OTL.txt and Extras.txt files into your next reply.

Step 3:
    Security Check

1. Please download Security Check by screen317 and Save it to your Desktop.
      Alternate download site: Link 2
    2. Right-click on SecurityCheck.exe and select the Run As Administrator option to launch the program. If you receive a UAC prompt, please allow it.
    3. Press the Space Bar when you see the Press any key to continue... message.
      Please Note: This scan will take a short while to complete, so please be patient.
    4. When the scan has completed, a Notepad file will automatically open called checkup.txt.
    5. Save the file checkup.txt to your Desktop.
      Please Note: This output file is NOT automatically saved!
    6. Then Copy and Paste the entire contents of the checkup.txt file into your next reply.

Step 4:
    Include in Next Post

1. Did you have any problems carrying out the instructions?
    2. Is this computer used for business purposes? If not, please clarify for what purposes the computer is used.
    3. OTL.txt.
    4. Extras.txt.
    5. checkup.txt.
    6. Do you have the original Windows installation media for your PC?

Scolabar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi Bruce C,

It has been over 48 hours since my last post.

1. Do you still need help?
    2. Do you need more time?
    3. Are you having problems following my instructions?
    4. In line with Safer-Networking's policy, topics will be closed after 3 days without a response.
    5. If you do not reply within the next 24 hours, this topic will be closed.

Scolabar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed