Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Search Engine Redirect

Default Stuck on option 2

Created the disk fine, however I never reached the install screen. I have reached the attached screen. any further as it either wanted me to restore or load drivers, which was neither of your options. So I want to confirm I am doing what you intended if I select "use recovery tools...." option

And now I am on my iPad and can't figure out how to attach a photo....apple...

Here is the photo, it asks me to load drivers if i pick option one...but most of the drivers on the win 7 cd I have are old..

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Hi,

I'm creating the disk now - can I ask what you think the malfunction is, or why I am creating the disk?
    Redirecting causing pest has made some adjustments to your partitions and that needs fixing. By having system recovery disc available we have better changes to survive if something goes south.

See if that load drivers option works. Seems that your Windows installation isn't present on that grid. Could be cos of that SSD type hard drive (driver loading could help on this).
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Ok - i was able to get the command prompt - everything worked fine. let me know your next command !

Hi,

1. Download TDSSKiller and extract its contents into a folder in desired location (i.e. c:\tdsskiller).
    2. Execute the file TDSSKiller.exe.
    3. Click Start Scan. If threats are found, select skip and click Continue (tool may prompt for a reboot).
    4. Post back contents of log file in c: drive root (name should be in UtilityName.Version_Date_Time_log.txt format)
    UNITE member since 2006

TDS killer doesn't want to run. I try and execute the program and all it does it sit there. I have rebooted, but the exe is not starting the application. there are only two files an exe and a eula? or am I missing something.

I tried downloading a different version, and also changing the file extension to .com and/or renaming the file.

doesn't want to run.

Hi,

Download GParted ISO image to your desktop. You need an empty CD for this.

Start GParted to CD burning process by double-clicking the downloaded GParted iso file and then clicking Burn-button in Windows Disc Image Burner window.

---

When GParted CD is ready reboot the system with it.

1. Choose the GParted Live (Default Settings) option and hit Enter.
    2. When asked "Which Mode do you Prefer" - Hit Enter to use Gparted automatically, and the GParted Desktop will display.
    3. Take a photo of the screen showing drive partitions and attach it to your post.
    UNITE member since 2006

Here are the photos.

I am curious what we are looking for - or what lead you down this path. I would consider myself at least a little more adept than the average user -but I am clueless what we are seeing, is it the 1mb or partitioned space on the 2TB drive?

Hi,

what lead you down this path
    All those symptoms there gave me clue enough

We need to do something on that thing shown in partition 96gb SSD.jpg. Screenshot could had been more zoomed in so I could had been able to read clearly those texts there. If instructions below doesn't seem to match things visible on screen let me know and grab fresh screenshot before doing anything.

Next you need to boot into GParted and activate that 96gb SSD drive. When done:
    1. right click /dev/sda2 (the one with Windows in label column) and select manage flags. Check boot option, click close.
    2. right click /dev/sda3 (the one with no label) and select manage flags. Uncheck hidden (and also boot if it's still checked), click close.

After that flags for SSD drive should be like this:
    /dev/sda1 with no flags
    /dev/sda2 with boot flag
    /dev/sda3 with no flags

When ok, click gray bar on GParted desktop to bring up an option to shutdown. Select it and remove the GParted CD from the drive and see if Windows loads up.
    UNITE member since 2006