Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obvious Infection - requesting help

However, I am still unable to turn on my Windows Firewall. Do you have any ideas why that may be?

Emeritus-Security Expert

First, you have Windows Defender installed but you need a good Anti Virus program, download and install one of these free ones (But Just One ) more than one is overkill and can severely hamper system performance.

I have had good luck with Microsoft Essentials, but your call which one to install

Then run this scanner and let me take a look

OTL by OldTimer
    • Download OTL to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
    • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
      • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
        Note:These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
      • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-01-14 at 02:08. Reason: Thank you Ken545
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.