Thread: new malware(mediashifting.com) is explording in internet!

Default new malware(mediashifting.com) is explording in internet!

This malware redirects the search results from google/bing/yahoo to mediashifting.com.

I tried more than 10 anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware whatever you called them, NONE of them is working.

This malware is explording in these couple of days, more and more victims appeared. No one can really solve this problem, except restore the system.

Can Spybot be the first mediashifting malware killer?

Hello adherent,
    Quote Originally Posted by adherent View Post
    Can Spybot be the first mediashifting malware killer?
    Do you have files you can send to detections?
    No one can really solve this problem, except restore the system.
    Topics I have seen at a few help forums show users have not followed up yet, it's the holiday season for many. System restore does not remove malware (a flush is sometimes called for after the removal of an infection), and a reformat without analysis would be a bit drastic at this time.

I tried more than 10 anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware whatever you called them, NONE of them is working.
    If you would like someone to take a look at your operating system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22 and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS logs, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288]

If the DDS won't run please start a new topic anyway and make a note of the issue.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016