Thread: I can't remove Trojan Sirefef virus

Default I can't remove Trojan Sirefef virus

Hello,

my pc is infected by win 7 internet security 2012, I use windows 7 64-bit on a mac via Bootcamp, I tried to follow the instructions and remove the virus with Malwarebytes Anti-malware but after scanning and removing virus then I should reboot but my pc can't restart,it can only start again with restore on a previous point(which means it has remove all antivirus programs and win 7 internet security pop up windows appear on screen).
    The same is happening with any antivirus program I tried.
    My browser is infected,it doesnt open any page it is completely messed up!
    I also noticed that windows firewall has gone it doesnt start at all and the same with UAC.

I really dont know what to do! I hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance

Emeritus

Hi and Welcome!! My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
    • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
    • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Watch Topic button to the right of your topic title and then choosing the notification method ( Recommended: Inmediate Notification)
    • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
    • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
    • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
    • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
    • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
    DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
    Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your OS losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:
    These tools MUST be run from the executable (.exe) every time you run them
    with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
    ----------

Print out these instructions as we may need to close every window that is open later in the fix.

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
    There are 5 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
    Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
    You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.
    1. rkill.exe
    2. rkill.com
    3. rkill.scr
    4. WiNlOgOn.exe
    5. uSeRiNiT.exe

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.
    ----------

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
    LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
    • Disable any script blocking protection
    • Right-click and Run as Administrator dds to run the tool.
    • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
    • Save both reports to your desktop.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt
    ----------

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

• Right click and Run as Administrator the aswMBR icon to run it.
    • Click the Scan button to start scan.
    • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

Click the image to enlarge it
    ----------

In your next reply please post the logs created by DDS and aswMBR.

Emeritus

Hi,

Do you still need help?

Emeritus

Due to lack of feedback, this topic will now be closed.
    If you are the original poster and you still require help, please start a new thread.