Thread: win 7 home security 2012

Default win 7 home security 2012

I would really like to see spybot protect against this rotten malware. Presently, it doesn't.

Hello JohnBear,

This is the malware removal forum, is your computer infected?

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Not now. I had to use the free trial of Malware Bytes to stop it but I wanted to just use Spybot. The virus was infecting me daily, then I would system restore, then it would come back. But since the free trial, it is gone. It's a shame I will have to pay for Malware Bytes when Spybot has always been enough before. If this is the wrong forum feel free to move the post. The point of the post is to inspire development of Spybot to protect against this insidious Malware.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-01-13 at 03:06. Reason: Moved to Requests for additions to Spybot's detections :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBear View Post
    The point of the post is to inspire development of Spybot to protect against this insidious Malware.
    I agree. One of my family's laptops became infected with this mongrel malware and Spybot was already installed on it but it did not detect it. Personally I love Spybot, I have been using it for ten years I think and until this POS malware came on to the scene Spybot has always served me brilliantly. I had to use the fixes on this page to remove it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2012

Surely a future update of Spybot can incorporate detection and removal of this horrible malware?

Thumbs up Solved!

Hello there, greetings from the southernmost left corner of the earth! Apparently, after just downloading spybot's separate updates from softpedia.com I was able to get rid of the miserable piece of crap "win 7 home security 2012". It appears the thing has been solved. Thanks spybot's team!