Thread: Scheduler

Question Scheduler

When I click on the Scheduler tab, everything is grayed out except for the Help button. At the bottom it says "The Task Scheduler Service is not running." So what do I need to do to get it running. I had already scheduled automated updates and scans and was going in to change the time and found it to be seemingly not functioning at all.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

You need to run services.msc and find the Task Scheduler process. Right click on it and select Properties. Change Startup type to Automatic.

To run services.msc use the Run command (Windows XP) or type services.msc in the search box and then click the entry under Programs (Windows 7). One or the other of those will work for Vista.

You'll need to run services.msc with administrator privileges to make the change.

Default scheduler grayed out, tried this fix no joy

I am the administrator on my computer. I have spybot in advanced mode but my scheduler options are all grayed out. I tried to do the above fix but found 2 things: 1)startup type was already set to automatic, which was good because 2) option to change that was also grayed out for me. can you help? thx (windows 7)

Default never mind got it!

never mind got it!